Rather than rewrite my program in Visual C++ and then rewrite it again for iOS and again for Android, I’ve decided to turn this program into a web application
Doing this has great advantages.
- The program will be cross-platform in nature so it can be accessed from your computer, phone, iPad, or anything else with an internet connection
- Easier to debug. Quicker to fix problems.
- No download means no more worrying about an unsafe program (Windows 10 SmartScreen likes to block my program)
- Always up-to-date.
But with these great advantages are disadvantages.
- Slower to use. Waiting for a webpage to load is more annoying than immediately opening a program
- Can’t use offline. You need an internet connection to use the internet. Common sense.
- Less functionality. There won’t be a menu bar with options to open weight and balance sheets, the PIM, etc.
As far as I can tell the goods outweigh the bads here. I’ll be starting this project soon but I’m venturing into the realm of the React JS language here and I’m not familiar with it at all.
Once I learn how to use it I’ll hopefully be able to get the online version up and running (at least partially) fairly quickly.
Thank you all for your patience and support in this endeavor!